The activity looks towards the study and development of materials and devices for Sensors and Micro systems/components (MEMS, microfluidic components, etc.) and their integration in smart systems that combine many functionalities with the ubiquitously sharing of information. Micro-Nano-BioSystems (MNBS) are developed that provide intelligent functionality by combining micro-components with physical, chemical, and biological Sensors, Sensors Array and Actuators on fully Integrated Systems between ICT data and sensing, reasoning, actuating and communicating.
The research activities addresses the study of innovative materials and design, modelling, micro/nano fabrication and test, starting from the single component until the multi-assembling in more complex situations. In particular the activity involves:
- RF MEMS, BIO-MEMS, Power MEMS
- Micro-TAS ed Integrated Smart Systems (on needle, on fiber, ecc.)
- Lab on Chip, Lab-on-paper, Drug-Delivery and Point Of Care (POC)
- Bio-Systems on Chip and Bio-tronics (elec-tronics, ion-tronics), both flexible and bio-compatible
- Portable, wearable and implantable Sensors and Micro/Nanosystems and other miniaturized systems interacting with the human body
- Smart Systems integrated in common objects (smart objects) and in Living situation