Research fields: Dynamics of open quantum systems, Nanoelectronics, Quantum Information, Condensed Matter Physics, Critical Phenomena.
(1) topological phase transitions in Josephson arrays with ohmic and quasiparticle dissipation; quantum phase transitions and supersolid phases in frustrated Josephson arrays;
(2) effects of equilibrium and nonequilibrium environment on the quantum dynamics of mesoscopic systems;
(3) renormalization and Kondo-like effects in tunnel junctions; renormalization and duality in open quantum systems and roughening models;
(4) fluctuational superconductivity in ultrasmall metallic grains;
(5) quantum computation, decoherence and geometric phases in coherent nanodevices;
(6) mesoscopic transport in hybrid structures: crossed Andreev reflection.
(7) Quantum Control: dynamical decoupling from broadband noise in coherent nanocircuits. Design of protocols for adiabatic population transfer in nanocircuits affected by broadband noise.
(8) Quantum Phase Transitions: entanglement and scaling in a quantum critical system. Defect production in the adiabatic passage through a quantum critical point of an open system.
(9) Quantum Communication: characterization of information transfer (quantum capacity) in quantum channels with memory.